User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: /

Saturday 5 May 2012

Ratbag sis & bro

Well, the chef never turned up and the hotel was a great reminder of Fawlty Towers on acid so it was worth going to. However, I am not sure that I will ever eat octopus again, having learned that they are immensely intelligent...

A couple of  local ladies tell me you have to "frighten" the octopus three times to make sure it is tender for the cooking process. How do you give an octopus a fright? You dip it in and out of boiling water three times!!!!

I shall return to chomping my way through the rainbow swiss chard patch...

Click on the pic to enlarge if you need specs.

8 comments:

Christopher said...

Bit stuck on 'joder'...but v. glad your sense of good taste suppressed the 'dormant faculties' joke.

Your word-verification 'words' are an art-form totally worthy of you.

Rosie said...

I'm afraid it is too impolite to translate.

mig bardsley said...

Goodness, that's worse than boiling lobsters which is pretty creepy already.

At first I misread 'gets your ears' as 'gets in your ears' and imagined little bullfights going on in the curly canal bits.

Rosie said...

mig: I can't cook lobsters but I can eat them but I will never be able to look an octopus in the face again.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love that little matador

Rosie said...

nursemyra: I enjoyed drawing the matador. You probably recognised it was a copy of a Goya painting...ha, ha.

Jess said...

My daughter works in the aquarium at Newquay and puts its food into a screw top jamjar so it has to open it to get at it!
Great pics Rosie! :)
Jess x

Rosie said...

Jess:It makes me wonder what all the other sea creatures are thinking...